Thursday, February 17, 2011

Schedule C's, E's, Valentines... and a SICK Puppy

It seems like the week for Schedule C's and E's at work. I think every one that lives on the North Shore either owns their own business or rents out part of their home. So after 8 hours of sorting through receipts, expenses, and so on, by the time I get home my brain is FRIED!

All of these "Schedules" had me at work late for Valentines Day with the hubby. I felt so bad but when I got home, he had roses and Godiva chocolate waiting for me. He then told me to dress warmly and we were heading out. That's all he would give me. We ended up at one of my favorite North Shore beaches where he put out a chair and umbrella for me to relax and then went to unload the car. He grilled us some steaks and corn and had my favorite wine. We had the best view at the best restaurant in town. :) I couldn't ask for a better hubby or a better night.

Then my dog Max got incredibly sick. He was sick all night and woke me up at least 5 times. He acted like he was fine in the morning so my husband took him along to the dropzone with him as he does whenever I have to work. Well, I hadn't gotten out of the shower before they were back and hubby informed me that Max had thrown up multiple more times. I walk out and Max tries to walk to me, his little short legs just shaking uncontrolably and he just gave up and plopped on the floor. Hubby started trying to find a vet but I still had to go to work and do Schedule C's (yuck.) Luckily, after finally finding a vet, Max was hydrated and given medicine. When I came home, my poor puppy tried to meet me at the door as he always does. He stood up on the couch, looked at me all happy and then decided that he just didn't have enough energy to run to me and laid back down. When I came to the couch, he crawled up in my lap and went to sleep so I spent hours that night holding my sick, sleeping puppy and trying to get him to eat little pieces of food. Thankfully, after lots of medicine, he was mostly back to normal by the next day. 

After all of this, it was all I could do to not fall asleep on the couch. Some days I just had to give in. All of this results in me not having too much time or motivation to work on my website the last few days.

Well, I finally got a day off today and I have started creating the blueprint for my site. I worked on it for hours and at the end of the day, I'm not sure that I got a ton done, but I do have the main categories for my site laid out. This part is much more tedious than I imagined it would be but good planning will totally be worth it in the end. A couple of more days of this and I will be ready to start building on the actual website.

I am starting to realize what a long process this will be but I am ready! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment